Inspection and Rehabilitation
Schnabel specializes in design and construction management services for tunneling and other heavy civil construction projects in the areas of transportation, water and wastewater infrastructure, and hydroelectric power. Our goal is to meet the needs of clients by providing fully integrated management and technical services that are objective, thorough, and effective.
Our team of experts have evaluated pre-Civil War railroad tunnels, National Park highway tunnels, live sewer tunnels, old mine drifts, water conveyance tunnels, subway tunnels, and hydroelectric tunnels. Our staff includes several engineers who are FHWA certified for transportation tunnel inspections. The company has developed safe access and inspection protocols for integration with owner safety, permitting, access, and lockout procedures to provide safe and efficient inspections and to minimize operational disruption.
Schnabel provides full rehabilitation design services and construction management services including:
- Site inspection and walk-through
- Full-perimeter geologic mapping
- Evaluation of existing ground support
- Evaluation of existing geotechnical and groundwater conditions
- Prepare final inspection reports
- Preparation of rehabilitation design alternatives
- Prepare construction cost estimates
- Historical data analysis
- Peer review of rehabilitation designs