A successful project ultimately depends on the contractor fulfilling the designer’s intent during construction, and Schnabel plays a vital role in seeing the project is built according to plan. We work for the owner in a resident engineer or construction QA/QC role to advocate for the success of the project, seeking to promote quality and minimize disputes, change orders, and claims.
Key to our success in this role is a collaborative relationship with our client, maintaining continuous communication and rigorously documenting construction and testing activities, results, and correspondence. We bring robust design capabilities and experience to this role, strengthening our analyses and recommendations.
Our owner services include:
- Dam/levee safety program support
- Emergency action plans
- FEMA levee certifications
- Instrumentation and monitoring
- O&M manuals
- Regular inspections
- Structure history and data rep
- Project and life cycle risk management
- Resident engineering services
- Claim avoidance and dispute resolution