Dam and Levee
Schnabel is an industry-leading provider of dam and levee engineering services. For over 25 years, our deep bench of design staff has identified and engineered risk-informed solutions for both public and private dam, levee, and reservoir owners. We’ve developed numerous design techniques to solve complex infrastructure problems — distinguishing us as innovative contributors on our clients’ teams.
Our professionals specialize in the planning, assessment, analysis, design, and construction support for all types of new and existing dams. We’re consistently recognized by ENR as one of the top dams and reservoir firms in its annual rankings of engineering companies.
Our dam and levee work is a critical part of our long-term business strategy and plans — a commitment we also exemplify through involvement in professional societies and industry development initiatives. We’re a sustaining member of the two preeminent dam and levee organizations in the country, the Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO) and the U.S. Society on Dams (USSD). Our staff regularly serves on the boards of these organizations and as chairs and members of many technical committees.
- Alternatives analyses
- Breach inundation analyses
- Spillway design
- Concrete, RCC, and earth dam design
- Dam decommissioning
- Dam safety inspections
- Embankment armoring design
- Emergency action plans
- Field and lab QA/QC testing
- Geotechnical and geophysical investigations and analyses
- Hydrologic and hydraulic 2D and 3D modeling
- New dam feasibility studies
- Resident engineering services
- Risk-informed decision making
- Structural analysis, 2D and 3D FEM