Dam and Levee
Schnabel is an industry-leading provider of dam and levee engineering services. For more than 25 years, our deep bench of design staff has identified and engineered risk-reducing solutions for both public and private dam and reservoir owners. We’re recognized as innovative contributors on our clients’ teams, having developed numerous design techniques to solve complex infrastructure problems.
Our professionals specialize in the planning, assessment, analysis, design, and construction support for all types of new and existing dams. We’re consistently recognized by ENR as one of the top dams and reservoir firms in its annual rankings of engineering companies.
Dam and levee engineering work is a corporate commitment and a critical part of our long-term strategy and business plan. Our commitment to the industry is exemplified by our involvement in professional societies and industry development initiatives. We’re a sustaining member of Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO) and the United States Society on Dams (USSD), the two preeminent dam and levee organizations in the U.S. Our staff serve as Chairs and members of many committees within these organizations.
- Alternatives analyses
- Breach inundation analyses
- Spillway design
- Concrete, RCC, and earth dam design
- Dam decommissioning
- Dam safety inspections
- Embankment armoring design
- Emergency action plans
- Field and lab QA/QC testing
- Geotechnical and geophysical investigations and analyses
- Hydrologic and hydraulic 2D and 3D modeling
- New dam feasibility studies
- Resident engineering services
- Risk-informed decision making
- Structural analysis, 2D and 3D FEM